Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Real Rat Pack


Damn!.... I feel like I have been holding out for soo long, its been a long while since i last blogged, and with the amount of drama going on in my life, its no wonder I have been having a major case of writer's block. Had a fab weekend though!!!!. It started with me deciding that I liked spending my hard earned money on other people....So I threw a BBQ for my closest friends. Wat do you have when you put a couple of burgers on the grill, some of MD's feistiest girls on a sugar high, and a game of TABOO....together?.......can we say FIREWORKS!. After stuffing our faces with as much meat as man can eat in one day and boy-bashing for a couple of hours, we decided that a good game of TABOO was only appropriate to end the night. As with anything girls are involved in...... the idea sounded alot better than the actual act itself. Picking teams took longer than the actual game itself...and things got pretty personal..pretty deng soon. MY GOSH!...can't we just have a nice, quiet, friendly game...without exhibiting the "always want to be number 1 syndrome?"( me included). As if that wasn't enough.... we decided to hit the club and shed some calories. I should have known when it took forever to find my lucky pants...dat it was gonna a long night. With five crazy girls and no directions in toll, we headed to the club hoping to end the night with a splash..mmm..ORDINARY DROP SEF ..WE NO FIT MAKE. I finally found out wat it feels like to be locked/kicked out of a club.....needless to say that I DON'T LIKE THAT DAMN FEELING. With nothing to do and nowhere to be the next day, we get to the club and I'm all smiles cos I knew wat kinda of conversation I was gonna be having with the dance floor in a couple of minutes..........
45 minutes and a couple of sneezes later......
We are still standing in line to get into this DENG club!. At this point I'm getting irritated and my 4inch high BCBG heels are not co-operating much either. Then I hear the over-sized Mr T looking bouncer tell his friend not to let people in until ...THEY LET 5 PEOPLE OUT!. I can't begin to eplain to you the kind of rage that took over me. These fools expect us to wait indefinitely.....probably only to be let into the club with 30mins to go. WHAT DID WE DO YOU MIGHT ASK?........ we slowing walked away with our heads held up high (only of cos that I walked a little slower than my friends ....cos at this point I couldn't feel my toes inside my shoes.
Less than 8hrs later......
I am awoken with a bad case of "you should have stayed at home to get some sleeeepy......nesss". My "non-alcohol invovled" hang-over....had me feeling like I was being jinxed by the "gods of the clubs". Not learning my lesson.......I decided I hadn't grilled enough for the year, so I whipped out my grill once again. Feeling like Chef Boyo'banke.......... I start the whole process again........
Present day....Present time........
And now I am lacking some serious sleep......I have only had a total of 10hrs of sleep within the last 3 days, and everyone's getting on my back cos I have decided to take random naps at work (didn't know there was a rule against that) but it was all worth it!!!........JUST DON'T ASK ME TO DO THIS AGAIN ANYTIME WITHIN THE NEXT DECADE.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Ms. May said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!1 I didn't know you keep a blog girl! Now I've found it, I shall be back to catch up on it all. I'm the one in the middle of this pic....LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home